Air Filtration Ventilation
Air Filtration & Ventilation in Las Vegas
We measure air filters for effectiveness with something known as the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value or MERV rating. MERV ratings range from 1 to 20 with higher ratings equating to better air filtration. So, the highest MERV-rated air filters might not actually be the best choice for your system. Higher ratings can mean that it’s harder for your heating or cooling system to push air through the filter, meaning they have to work harder to produce the same level of heat or air conditioning.
Experience The Service Difference
Same Day Service Available, Call 702-334-0655 Anytime 24/7
So, how do you choose the right air filter? Look for an air filter that:
- Has an intermediate MERV rating (think 5 to 9)
- Filters harmful contaminants and allergens
- Doesn’t put a strain on your HVAC system
- Eliminates unwanted particles, like pet hair and dander
Fetch-A-Tech can provide you with professional advice and honest recommendations when it comes to air filtration and ventilation in Las Vegas. We take a look at your HVAC system as a whole before helping you find the right air filter. Plus, we take your unique needs and budget into account. Do you have pets or indoor smokers? You might need a higher-rated air filter. If you simply want to eliminate a few contaminants, a lower MERV rating may be suitable to meet your needs. Our experts are happy to answer your questions and provide you with a smart, cost-effective air filtration solution.
- The easiest and most effective short-term fix for an overabundance of dust, foreign particles, and mites is to vacuum regularly. Dirty carpets kick up all sorts of particles when they’re walked on, so be sure to keep them nice and clean.
- Clean your cloth furniture and wash your sheets regularly. These surfaces are a lot like carpet in that they trap suspended particles until used when they eject all those irritants into the air around you.
- If you have a pet, brush it regularly to keep hair and dander shedding to a minimum. Of course, some dander in the air comes with the territory of pet ownership, but a little quality time with Sparky and a shed-preventing hairbrush will keep suspended particles from getting egregious.
When it comes to harmful gases, the two biggest offenders are cigarettes and fireplaces. Both can add tons of smoke to the air in your home, creating a hazardous environment for everyone exposed. The obvious solution for cigarettes is to avoid smoking indoors. The fireplace, meanwhile, should be used carefully with a well-maintained chimney and the flue fully open whenever a flame is burning.
The other big contributor to potentially harmful gases in your household is found in the kitchen. Stoves and ovens (especially those that use natural gas) should have an exhaust fan above them to eject fumes from the indoor space.
Additional best practices for controlling gases include using natural products (such as vinegar) for surface cleaning and periodically running exhaust fans in your restrooms.
- The easiest way to limit the number of biological contaminants in your home—namely dust mites, bacteria, and mold—is to keep its relative humidity in check. If it rises above 50%, bothersome bugs will grow at much faster rates. Use your air conditioner or, if necessary, a dehumidifier to control indoor air’s moisture content.
- Choosing the right air filter for your HVAC system is an especially important aspect of indoor air quality in Las Vegas. Generally, you’ll want to find a filter with a moderate MERV rating that’s high enough trap most pollutants, but not so high that it makes your HVAC system work less efficiently. See your system’s owner manual or contact a Fetch-A-Tech technician to find out which air filter will fit your system best.
Find out more when you call us at 702-334-0655 or fill out an online contact form!
Explore More From
Indoor Air Quality
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Call or Schedule Appointment
We want to hear from you. If you are in need of Las Vegas emergency plumbing services, need to replace your old HVAC system, or get a furnace tune-up, don’t hesitate to call Fetch-a-Tech.