A ductless mini split is an HVAC system that provides heating and cooling to a room without the need for ductwork. Because of their energy efficiency, ease of installation and customizable zoning options, ductless mini splits have become quite possible in the home comfort industry. But what happens if your ductless mini-split isn’t blowing cool air like it should be?
However, regular tune-ups are necessary to maintain peak performance like any other HVAC systems. However, despite proper maintenance, a mini-split repair may sometimes be needed. One common problem is when the ductless mini split is not blowing cold air. There are several reasons why this may happen.
Why Your Mini Split Isn’t Blowing Cool Air
- Dirty air filter – A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder, which can lead to decreased cooling performance. It’s recommended to clean or replace the air filter at least once every three months.
- Refrigerant leak – A low refrigerant level can cause the unit to blow warm air instead of cold air. A refrigerant leak may indicate a problem with the unit’s coils, which requires professional assistance. Call Fetch-a-Tech Plumbing, Heating & Air for a quick and efficient repair.
- Faulty compressor – The compressor is responsible for circulating the refrigerant through the system. If the compressor is faulty or damaged, it may not be able to properly cool the air.
- Electrical issues – Electrical issues, such as a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker, can cause the unit to stop working or blow warm air. If after resetting the breaker or replacing the fuse the problem persists, call Fetch-a-Tech.
- Incorrect settings – Incorrect temperature settings or incorrect settings on the unit’s remote control can cause the unit to blow warm air instead of cold air. Double-check the settings to ensure they are set to the correct temperature and mode.
There are several reasons why your ductless mini split isn’t blowing cool air. If you suspect a need for a mini-split repair, call Fetch-a-Tech Plumbing, Heating & Air today.