A water heater is one of the most important appliances in your home, providing hot water for everyday activities like showering, washing dishes and doing laundry. Due to normal wear and tear, eventually, you will need a water heater replacement. To help you be proactive, take note of the following signs that show a new water heater installation may be needed:
- The average lifespan of a water heater is typically between 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is that age or more, it’s likely some of the other issues are occurring, and it may be time to replace it.
- If you notice rust-colored water when you turn on hot water faucets, it could be a sign that your water heater has corrosion in the tank. Corrosion usually leads to a leaking water heater.
- Water heaters can develop leaks as they age. If you notice water pooling around your water heater, it’s possible a hole has developed in the tank. Schedule a new water heater installation with fetch-a-tech before major water damage occurs.
- If your water heater begins making strange noises like popping, cracking or rumbling, it could indicate a buildup of sediment in the bottom of the tank. Sediment in the tank decreases efficiency and causes the water heater to work harder than it needs to.
- If the hot water isn’t lasting as it used to or if your hot water supply is inconsistent, it could be a sign that your water heater is struggling to keep up with demand. A water heater replacement by the professionals at Fetch-a-Tech Plumbing, Heating & Air will quickly improve your hot water situation.
Little to no hot water is no joke, so don’t fool around with a malfunctioning water heater. Let Fetch-a-Tech Plumbing, Heating & Air complete a new water heater installation for you. Our trained plumbers will do the job quickly and efficiently.